The deadline for the 2018 scholarship application is April 1st 2018.
The following requirements are required for consideration as a candidate for this educational award. All required written material must be in Word or PDF files and sent to: email@example.com
- Must be a current PA student in a current CAAHEA/CAAHEP or ARC-PA approved program.
- Must be a student member of Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery in good standing
- Must be a first or second-year student with a sincere interest in becoming a physician assistant in orthopaedics.
- A letter of reference from your PA Program Director.
- Two (2) reference letters from current/prior professors OR Orthopaedic surgeon/PA with direct knowledge of prior work history in the field of orthopaedics
- Cover letter (no more than one page, single spaced) stating your interest in orthopaedics, including prior education, work experience, other supporting activities
- Cover sheet that includes:
- E-mail address
- PA Program attending
- Anticipated Graduation date
- Prior education
We offer two $5,000 scholarships per year.
The top 5 candidates will be required to write a professional publish-worthy, orthopaedic case study, review article or clinical pearl (between 1,000 - 1,500 words with appropriate reference) for review by the scholarship committee. If selected as one of the scholarship recipients, you will be invited to attend the annual conference to present your paper and network with the Board of Directors (expenses paid). If you are unable to attend because of education obligations, your presentation may be made through a poster or power point presentation to be displayed at the PAOS Annual Conference. All written material received in the application process will be property of the Physician Assistants in Orthopaedic Surgery, Inc. and can be used in future media as the Susan Lindahl Memorial Scholarship Board of Directors deems appropriate.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Sakryd, MS, PA-C, ATC
Susan Lindahl Memorial Scholarship
All requirements to be sent to: email@example.com
Go here to Learn more about the History of the Lindahl Memorial Scholarship